Due to the current hike in the exchange rate between Naira and the US Dollar mobile phones are now very expensive unlike before. I remember back in 2015 I bought an infinix x507 Android Smartphone for N13,000 and today that Smartphone goes for over N25,000.
I could remember just a few years back with 15k you can get a very good Android phone and you won’t run out of budget but today even with N20,000 you may not get a very good android phone of your choice.
THERE ARE STILL CHEAP ANDROID PHONES
You can still get cheap android phones but you have to be very watchful so you don’t end up getting a java phone or a ‘chinko’ china phone. Though getting these cheap android phones means you would have to settle for a small RAM size, memory, speed, and small screen resolution. Be watchful because most e-commerce sites today will offer you these java hones at a very cheap rate calling them android phones.
Shine your eyes! These phones are not running the android operating system,
Now here is a list of the cheapest and latest android phones you can purchase between N15,000 and N20,000.
1. TECNO Y2This Smartphone run and Android 4.4 kitkat operating system with a RAM size of 512MB/4GB internal memory. It has a 4inch screen resolution, 1.3GHZ cpu and supports SD card of up to 3.2GB. Its 1600mAh battery is quite efficient and dependable. Camera: front 0.3mp/back 2mp camera.
2. iTEL 1409: iTel 1409 is another android smart phone similar to TECNO Y2 in terms of specification. The only difference is that it runs android 5.0 lollipop.
3. Innjoo X3: Injoo X3 runs an Android 5.0 Lollipop and it has 1.3GHZ processor. You can find it for a take home price of N15,000 on most e-commerce sites like Konga and Jumia.
4. ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4027D: This alcatel comes with a 4.5inch screen size and runs android 4.4kitkat. it has a 1.3GHZ processor and 512Mb RAM size. Its rear camera is 5Mp while the front camera is 1.3mp. With just N15,000 it is all yours.
5. LENOVO A1000: I almost bought this phone some months back when I was shopping for a new phone; the Lenovo A1000 smartphone runs an android OS with a RAM size of 1GB, internal memory of 8GB and a 1.0GHZ quadcore processor. The battery is very efficient as it is rated 2000mAh. This device is all yours for just N18,000.
Though these phones are specially recommended by me I think you can also do a little research when shopping for a new android device. There are others that might come even cheaper but when buying a device you should think of longevity and reparability. Don’t get a phone that goes bad and you won’t be able to fix.