During my first few months of blogging I have always wondered why my new post don't get indexed or appear on search engines. So I did a little research and found out how easy it was to have google index new post.
In this article, I will be sharing a little trick you can apply to get your post indexed in a few minutes. Believe me, when you do this those web crawlers would come knocking at your site.
This easy procedures will not only show you how to get your new blog post indexed, but will also teach you how to master the process. If you own a new blog you have to add the blog(property) to Google search console and submit its sitemap accordingly.
When done submitting your property to Google search console, you will be asked to verify the ownership of the property by pasting a generated HTML tag on your HTML source code.
Note: you must have your blog or website verified already in Google Search Console before proceeding with the steps below.
- Login to your Google Search Console or Google Webmaster account.
- Enter the dashboard of the website whose (new) blog post you want indexed by clicking on its URL.
- At the left-side navigation menu, click Fetch as Google under Crawl
- Enter the path name or slug of the post in the input field and then click either FETCH or FETCH AND RENDER.
- Click the Request indexing button to reveal a modal. Confirm you are not a robot and check Crawl only this URL.
- You should now see “Complete” in the status column indicating the request was successful.
- Query Google with the blog post URL and you would see it’s shown in search engine result page (SERP) indicating it’s indexed as well as the time it got indexed.